Our Guarantee & Policies
The mission of Sweets & Geeks is to be valued as the neighborhood’s favorite candy & game store by bringing the nostalgic candy, soda & pop culture of yesteryear to the customers of today. Inspiring friends & families to spend more time together!
Our goal is to make online ordering as easy as possible, and to provide shipping options to accommodate each customer's needs. If you ever have any questions concerning our products, shipping methods, timelines or anything in-between, call us: (330) 952-3017 or Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweets & Geeks ships year-round to locations within the contiguous 48 United States. We ship from our retail location, Sweets & Geeks, in Medina, Ohio, in between Akron and Cleveland.
We offer Free Shipping on orders over $100 for all US orders being shipped within the contiguous 48 states.
For all other orders under $100, shipping rates are automatically calculated by the shipping carrier during the checkout process, before you confirm your order. Rates are based on weight, geographic location and shipping method. These rates are set by the carrier, not by Sweets & Geeks.
While most orders will be delivered sooner, please allow up to 5 business days for your order to arrive once it has been fulfilled.
If you’d like to receive your order faster, you may select an expedited shipping option during checkout.
Hot weather may influence the condition of the received product. Shippers do not always air condition their cargo. Melted candy does not qualify for a damage claim.
When will my order ship?
We know you’ll be waiting at the mailbox for your goodies, so we ship fast -- usually the same day! Orders placed by midnight usually ship the next business day, pending credit card verification. But please allow us up to two days during busy seasons. Orders are not processed on holidays.
When will my order arrive?
Items shipped should arrive within 5-9 business days. Items shipped via expedited delivery should arrive within 2-4 business days.
- Sweets & Geeks reserves the right to use a different delivery option, regardless of option selected by customer, to ensure items are delivered in the quickest manner possible.
- Not all shipping options are available for all orders/areas.
- You will be contacted if an item you order is out of stock causing a delay in shipping commitments.
- If you need your order by a certain date, please contact us before placing your order so we can advise you on the best delivery option. Please be advised that regardless of which shipping method you select, we cannot guarantee when your order will arrive and will not issue refunds for orders not delivered by a certain time.
- Sweets & Geeks cannot be responsible for delays and late arrivals. Once a shipment leaves our store, we cannot control the speed and/or accuracy with which the carrier completes the delivery.
- We will send out a confirmation email notice as soon as your order ships. A tracking number will be provided for all shipments.
- We recommend that shipments be sent to a business, if possible, where someone can sign for the package and it is not exposed to outside conditions. Parcel carriers will leave packages outside the door if no one is home.
Out of Stock Items
We make every effort to maintain our inventory and mark items “out-of-stock” or remove out-of-stock items from our website, but there may be a time that more items are sold during the day than we have on our shelves. If your order contains an item that is out of stock, we will ship the remainder of your order and adjust your order and shipping costs accordingly. Should this occur, we will contact you directly via email to alert you of the change.
We reserve the right to limit product quantities on orders for products.
Please contact us immediately if there is a mistake with your order so we can correct it as soon as possible. We work hard to ensure you order is filled accurately, but mistakes can occur.
If your product arrived damaged or you have any problems with your order, please retain ALL packaging, including the shipping box, packing material, packing slip, and product packaging. Then, please call us or email us at email@example.com within 48 hours of receiving your order to discuss any issues or questions. Our customer service is available Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., and weekends from 12 - 5 p.m. Phone: 330-952-3017. We will request that photographs of the damaged product and all packaging materials be emailed in order to assess the situation and damage prior to initiating a solution.
Please be careful to provide us with an accurate shipping address to ensure a speedy delivery. Please note we cannot be responsible for an order shipped to the wrong address due to an incorrect address entered by a customer. Please make sure the shipping address is complete with floor, suite number, apartment number, etc.
Because candy is a perishable item, and in compliance with Food & Drug Administration (FDA) policies, Sweets & Geeks cannot accept any candy for a refund unless it has been damaged in transit (excluding damage due to weather conditions).
Before finalizing your order, please consider the following:
- Taste -- Manufacturers sometime change recipes or items don’t taste like we remember them. Gummies, taffy, chocolate, etc., will vary in texture, consistency, firmness and flavor with different brands and manufacturers.
- Color -- Candy is often made in small batches and color may vary from time to time. Color may also look different in person than on your computer screen.
- Mistakes and Cancellations -- Check your order carefully before hitting the submit button. As soon as you finalize your purchase, we are working on your order and it cannot be canceled. If you do wish to cancel your order, please call us. If your order has not been completed, we will be happy to assist you in a cancellation. However, if the order has already been fulfilled, we will be unable to cancel it. Of course, if we make any mistakes with your order, we will take full responsibility and work with you on correcting the problem.
Sweets & Geeks (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We Collect
1. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the services offered on sweetsandgeeks.com are only made available if we have certain information about you. To access these services, you will, from time to time, be asked to submit personal information about yourself. We may collect and process the following personal information related to our services:
- Registration information. In registering for sweetsandgeeks.com, we require certain contact information including your name, address, phone and e-mail address. We use this to contact you regarding orders and other notices. If you don’t want to receive these notices there is an opt out link.
- Information to fulfill your order. When placing an order online at sweetsandgeeks.com, we collect your name, phone number, shipping address, billing address, and personal payment information. This information is used to process and fulfill any orders you may make.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and record conversations for training and/or monitoring purposes.
- We may from time to time ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys and may opt out of future e-mails by clicking a link at the bottom of the e-mail or by simply e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy of Children and Sensitive Consumer Information
sweetsandgeeks.com is designed for those 13 years of age or older. sweetsandgeeks.com does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13.
Except for collecting payment information in connection with purchases, sweetsandgeeks.com does not knowingly obtain or store any Sensitive Consumer Information, such as Social Security Numbers and other government issued identifiers; insurance plan numbers; financial account numbers; information that describes the precise real-time geographic location of an individual; or precise information related to health or medical conditions.
Use of Information Collected
1. Primary Purpose of Information Collected
The information and data collected by sweetsandgeeks.com is primarily for the purposes of:
- Processing your orders effectively;
- Ensuring that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Notifying you about changes to our service and policies; and
- Responding to your customer support inquiries.
sweetsandgeeks.com may periodically contact you using information supplied to the site. You may opt out of receiving certain communications, such as newsletters or other e-mails, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such e-mails or by e-mailing email@example.com. 3. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
You have the right to review your personal data held by sweetsandgeeks.com. You also have the right to modify, correct, change or update your personal information or cause your personal information to be deleted from sweetsandgeeks.com’s database upon request. All requests to view, change, update, or delete your personal information may be made via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to Sweets & Geeks, 342 E Smith Rd, Medina, Ohio 44256.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
1. Third Parties
Compliance with Law
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our web site. Furthermore, we may share your personal information when we believe it is necessary to protect our interests or our property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through sweetsandgeeks.com or using our name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include, but is not limited to, sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
We may employ service providers and other companies and individuals to perform functions and provide services on our behalf (e.g. credit card processing, shipping, and insurance). These entities may have access to your personal information to the extent needed to perform their functions and also to provide you with the services that you have requested.
We have implemented reasonable measures to protect the information we collect and store, taking into consideration the types of risks we face and the reasonable protections available to us. No method of protecting information is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Privacy Practices Of Third Parties
Last Updated: August 13th 2020
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
These Website Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) are entered into by and between you and sweetsandgeeks.com(“Sweets & Geeks”). In consideration of your use of and access to this Internet site, and the promises and obligations herein, you and Sweets & Geeks hereby agree as follows:
Changes In Terms
Sweets & Geeks shall have right at any time and without prior notice, at its sole discretion, to revise these Terms or to impose new terms and conditions with respect to access to or use of the Sweets & Geeks Sites. Such revisions and additions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means, including without limitation posting the revised or additional terms and conditions on the Sweets & Geeks Sites. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms periodically for any modification to these Terms that may affect your rights or obligations hereunder. If you continue to use this site after modification of these Terms, you agree that you shall be deemed to be apprised of and bound by any modification by Sweets & Geeks to these Terms. ANY ACCESS OR USE OF THE Sweets & Geeks SITES BY YOU AFTER NOTICE OF REVISIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THESE TERMS SHALL CONSTITUTE AND BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR AGREEMENT TO SUCH REVISIONS OR ADDITIONS. No modification to these Terms by any party other than Sweets & Geeks shall be valid or enforceable against Sweets & Geeks unless expressly agreed to by Sweets & Geeks in a writing signed by a duly authorized officer of Sweets & Geeks.
These Terms are effective until terminated by Sweets & Geeks. Sweets & Geeks may terminate these Terms without notice and at any time in connection with any of the Sweets & Geeks Sites. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access those Sweets & Geeks Sites, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to the Content, and the disclaimers, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms shall survive termination.
Sweets & Geeks shall also have the right without notice and at any time to terminate some or all of the Sweets & GeeksSites or any feature or portion thereof, or any products or services offered through them, or to terminate any individual's right to access or use of the Sweets & Geeks Sites or any feature or portion thereof.
The Sweets & Geeks Sites are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13.
The text, images, photographs, graphics, logos, illustrations, descriptions, data, and other material provided by Sweets & Geeks on or through the Sweets & Geeks Sites, as well as the selection, assembly, and arrangement thereof, are referred to collectively as the "Content."
The Content is provided solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to the placement of an order or shopping with Sweets & Geeks. Any other use of Sweets & Geeks Sites or Content or information contained on Sweets & GeeksSites is strictly prohibited, unless the written permission of Sweets & Geeks is obtained first.
You acknowledge that the Content may contain errors, omissions, or typographical errors, or may be out of date. Sweets & Geeks therefore reserves the right to change, delete, or update any Content at any time and without prior notice (including after an order has been submitted) and to make such changes, deletions, or updates without prior notices.
Unless otherwise noted, all Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights that are owned by Sweets & Geeks or by third parties that have licensed their use to Sweets & Geeks. You may view and use the Content only for your personal information and you shall retain intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as provided in the foregoing, Sweets & Geeks does not grant to you or any person any right to use, reproduce, copy, modify, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works, publicly perform, or distribute by any means, method, or process whatsoever, now known or hereafter developed, any of the Content on or transmitted through the Sweets & Geeks Sites, including without limitation by transferring, downloading, or otherwise copying any Content onto any disk drive or other storage medium. Any use of the Content, except as specifically permitted in these Terms or as otherwise expressly permitted in the Content or in a writing signed by Sweets & Geeks, is strictly prohibited.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability as to the Sweets & Geeks Site, Content, Products, and Services
SWEETS & GEEKS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING THE AVAILABILITY OF ANY SITE OR THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS ON IT OR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS. SWEETS & GEEKS ALSO DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, OR ACCURACY. THE "AS IS" CONDITION OF CONTENT IS EXPRESSLY MADE A CONDITION OF ANY TRANSACTION ARISING THROUGH OR AS A RESULT OF THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SWEETS & GEEKS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY OF THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SWEETS & GEEKS IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SWEETS & GEEKS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEETS & GEEKS SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SWEETS & GEEKS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION AND NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY PRINTED DIRECTIONS.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sweets & Geeks Sweets & Geeks’s vendors, and their affiliates and related entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs), arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms or your access to or use of the Sweets & Geeks Sites. The foregoing indemnification obligation shall survive termination of these Terms and the operation of the Sweets & Geeks Sites or any product or service provided to you arising out of or relating to your use of the Sweets & Geeks Sites.
Third-Party Content Disclaimer
Sweets & Geeks may contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other websites, Sweets & Geeks does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Sweets & Geeks. Sweets & Geeks does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to Sweets & Geeks Sites assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
User Submitted Reviews, Comments and Content
Sweets & Geeks reserves the right but not the duty to monitor, edit, and delete any content, including product reviews, comments, or other materials, submitted to Sweets & Geeks Sites (“User Content”) that Sweets & Geeks deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Terms. You are solely responsible for any User Content you submit. You acknowledge that use of or reliance on any User Content submitted to the Sweets & Geeks Sites is at your own risk. By submitting any User Content to Sweets & Geeks Sites, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of any intellectual property rights to that User Content;
- Your User Content is accurate and not misleading;
- You are at least 13 years of age;
- Any use of the User Content will not violate these terms or potentially cause harm to another person or entity;
You further represent and warrant that any User Content you submit:
- does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party (including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights);
- does not violate any law, statute, or regulation;
- is not abusive, obscene, libelous, or intended to cause harm to other individuals or entities; and
- does not contain any virus or malware.
Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, any User Content you submit to Sweets & Geeks, including product reviews and comments, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and Sweets & Geeks shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable right to display, distribute, use, copy, publish, adapt, and or perform such User Content. Further, in submitting User Content to Sweets & Geeks, you grant us the right to use the name that you submit with any User Content.
Copyright Infringement Policy
9.1. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that content hosted on sweetsandgeeks.com infringes your copyright, you may send us a notice of infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
Any notification of infringement submitted to Sweets & Geeks must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Sweets & Geeks to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient for Sweets & Geeks to contact you, such as a physical address, telephone number, or an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Once sweetsandgeeks.com receives notification of infringement, it is our policy to remove any infringing content and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
9.2 Counter Notification
If you believe that your copyrighted material has been removed from sweetsandgeeks.com as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may provide a counter notification to sweetsandgeeks.com’s Designated Agent. Any counter notification must include:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, in Ohio, and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the notification of alleged copyright infringement.
If a counter notice is received by Sweets & Geeks, we may send a copy of the counter notification to the original complaining party informing the person that Sweets & Geeks may replace the removed content or cease disabling it. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored by Sweets & Geeks at its discretion.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Sweets & Geeks by emailing email@example.com or writing to:
Sweets & Geeks
342 E Smith Rd
Medina, Ohio 44256
We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
No waiver by Sweets & Geeks of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions of the Terms.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any legal proceedings between you and Sweets & Geeks shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any legal proceeding brought against either of the parties hereto with respect to these Terms shall be brought in the federal and state courts located in the State of Ohio, and each client and Sweets & Geeks hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court and waives any defense or opposition to such jurisdiction.
Question or Comments: Contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms last updated: May 20th 2021.